Saturday, March 15, 2014

Movie review : Queen

After watching the trailer in the theatre itself I decided I had to watch this movie.

Since not many theatres were screening the movie . I finally made it to the second week show at the multiplex. We went to the counter to get our tickets booked. But shows until mid night were sold out. We finally made it to another multiplex luckily getting  the tickets.
 Review: Queen
The movie began with a blast about Rani's mehndi ceremony. Preparing for a wedding that never happened. The guy backs off due to reasons and she is left heart broken. 3 Days before her marriage she is told that she won't be a bride. 
The scene that made me cry here was when she gets out of the cafe and gets back in. She trembles and cries that she is not willing to breakup. She wants to stay together but her fiancé  doesn't bother. He tries to explain her his point of view.
I realised recently how my life. I could feel myself in her place at that time. Sometimes I feel men are made of stone. Would they ever trust and feel the love than believing the evidence? Which speaks otherwise. Gradually when things fall in place, the truth is out ,we too have to forget and move on... Same ways
The scene where her father gets her tea. Made me realise how I'm dependent on my parents for morning tea. While I'm in bed the tea is always ready when I wake up. I know I won't have this luxury later in my life. It just made me feel very blessed to have caring parents throughout my life.
Same way how they send her on her own to Paris but be in contact with her about her whereabouts.

The movie isn't a love story and that's what is different about it unlike other Bollywood movies which are dependent on love stories only. 

At times when her fiancé would try to meet her and dominate her , was a constant reminder of self life to me. Something that comes under the umbrella of being caring. Sometimes you find yourself caught up in situations and expect someone to understand you. But they cross question you about the situation. Making us answer ,questions ,which you don't want to answer. Sometimes all you need is a hug. But you have to stand in the court and be judge before you are shown mercy.

The time when the Japanese guy in the movie is shown making her feel better was amazing too. Sometimes what we are going through in life is still bearable for a person who is going through the worst.

I'm blessed to have a fiancé who loves me soo much. And after difficult steps in life ,we turn out to be more understanding and loving towards each other. 

This movie was about a family with a daughter. And how things revolve around a girls life. How easily we are influenced and how easy we are left heart broken. We take it all and be strong. Learning from mistakes and doing what is right.

Listening to parents is a good thing because they are the only ones who want  good for you, Selflessly  .



 

No comments:

Post a Comment