Monday, May 20, 2013

My Bundle of Joy



Snowie My Female Pomeranian

  She is a good 11 years old. I got her when I was in 8th Grade and now through all my education all set to begin a new phase of my life.
   She was 2 Months old when I got her. Since then she is my youngest sibling and most loved member of my Family* Envy sometimes**seriously* . We have had fights in our house where my mom would side her and I would end up crying in the bed room. But she is loved more than ever.
   Since we moved from more than 3 houses , she has traveled with us throughout. She is very well adaptive to the surroundings. She is way too beautiful and has many dogs in the society having an eye on her. She never had puppies though.
   She is very sensitive to emotions.Understand each and everyone. I feel she can talk through her barking all the time. She insists and keeps barking for things she wants. Her greatest joy is her belt and neck tie. She will be good to the person the whole damn day who ever takes the pleasure of taking her for a morning stroll.
My failed attempts to make her sleep on her bed were in vain. She got used to the home furniture and beds. She even understood when the maid came in she would get up and do the cleaning.She was fur my maid had a tough time.
  In India the most popular food for dogs is Pedigree . My Dog never had it. Instead she chummed on other stuff. We kept her vegetarian most of the time as Meat would make/makes her behavior a bit aggressive. It is normal for dogs to be like that. * DND when she is chewing on her bone*
    She was 6 years old when we shifted to Pune India. Our lives got a bit busy. College and extra circular activities . My mom used to be with her most of the time.Thats when the bond between Snowie and my Mom increased and till date she is mommy's girl.
       We shifted to Dubai 3 years ago. She was flown by Emirates Cargo to UAE. We tried keeping her with my aunt but when I returned to see her not happy but very glommy. We couldn't bare keeping her away from us.
     The good days. That year made us realize how Important she was and how life was not the same with her not around. She has grown double her weight now. Adapted very well to the climate of UAE. Initially she had fur problems, but we treated her a pet clinic in Dubai. Her micro chipping and injections made us low at heart. She had to go through a lot before making it on the plane. But Emirates took good care and she was wide awake while she waited the cargo pickup point. Barked and barked with Joy!!!
       She is under the strict care of my parents and me and my brother. We are more like 3 siblings rather than 2. She is the first thing we want to go and feel when we wake up( me and bro). It makes her upset if we don't kiss her. Her favorite snack is Nature's Way meat cubes. You will find her sitting and staring the the fridge for more of it.
    She sleeps most of the time. her favorite seat is the front seat in the car.Not to forget she has visited almost all the places that we have visited along with us. She is used to travelling through and fro Mumbai-Pune kazillion times.
      Her eyes tell her age but her voice is the same. I wish her good health too. * She is slightly over weight*

So if people are keen on having a pet from fish to dogs to birds think a lot before buying it is nothing less than adopting a baby. A lot of care. The vet visits. Pulling them in the hospital. Not to forget they smell the Hospital miles away before we get there. The tics, the bathing, shampooing, brushing teeth and the hair. She loves the blow dyer after bath. the towel games after bath. Running behind them so that your house doesn't turn wet and  slippery. Cranky maids. Unwell days of a dog as same as us. Vomiting, dysentery, worming, etc.  They have to be taken care of a lot. it isn't easy but it always worth the wet tongue licking when your are home tired from work. A sight Bum-touch-tail- on-your-face when you are low or angry etc. Making funny sounds and playing around. A member of your family who has energy 24*7 day or night fetch  we play.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment