Saturday, July 27, 2013

Resisting Temptations: Discipline





I was sitting and sipping my tea early morning on my weekend when I thought of seeing a video online of Joyce Mayer. She has always inspired me in a funny way to love God. And how silly a person can be blinded in his own understanding for God.
    I then, was listening to her , when she kept on saying the whenever we face problems in life the it is a war in our head, it occurred to me , yes, that a true story.
   While we read the Bible or rather say before reading it, we think of N number of things. This is the Satan working. When I was a kid and read Bible Satan always came near me and told me silently, 'God, will understand, common one episode of the daily cartoon show"
   A little grown up he would say ," aah, its ok, you need to have your beauty sleep tonight for tomorrows birthday party at your friends, God won't mind"
   Then now, that I'm a full grown up person trying to be in Gods grace, avoiding the temptations and esp reading about how God requires us to be most possible way of hygiene and cleanliness before we read the Word. Satan would say " ahh, you need to take a shower," " you haven't worn the right clothing"
  This Guy Satan is like a fellow who knows you well inside out. He studies with you. He knows the Bible on the Tip of his tongue more than you do. He will twist the scriptures and try and keep you away from God,and the best Part id you won't realize it. Because you would feel ahh,I guess that needs to be done.

 What happens next, there is an amazing scripture in Philippians Chapter 2: 'Therefore my dear friends, you have not only obeyed in my presence but also in my absence, continue to workout your salvation with fear and trembling,for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose, do everything without grumbling or arguing,so that you may become Blameless and Pure, Children of God WITHOUT FAULT in a warped and Crooked generation, and then you will shine among them like starts in the sky as you hold firmly to Word of life"

Keep life simple. Keep life disciplined. If I could only tell you what God has to offer us all. Gifts and soo many gifts. We have to be blameless. Yes, a small perfect word for being God's child.
  If Satan ever tries to tell you to do things last minute before reading the Bible, think of it. What is essential? If you have prioritized your life a fixed time in the day / Night for the WORD of God. Nothing can stop you. The key to everything is Discipline. All the causes of my failure in Life is discipline. It because at some point of time I went out of my way to prioritize other things in life. But, now I know where I went wrong and where I can improve myself.
     We have to fight Satan by being blameless and accepting the Truth, Only then it will set you free. A lost loved one, a feeling of betrayal in the past, a big loss of finance, just put your problem here ______________________ and accept it. There is no one on Earth whom you think that you need to answer. Action your ways in which you think God the Father will approve of it.  Discipline your life. Give time for the word. Once you strive towards becoming blameless Satan won't have a say in Your life. By Doing things that Please God and Right in His sight, why would He harm you? (I will surely write about God's Plans in my next write up.)
      There is soo much to learn from the Bible that no other books can teach. I'm working in the Finance department of my early career, I can relate my work to the scriptures in Bible. Be it the team leadership, about money, about relations and about everything. Bible is you answer to everything. It is the only weapon you can use against Satan.

Warning: Having discipline in Life is not an easy job. But start one step at a time and feel happy about it and take another. Be glad you have a gift to read and understand. Listen to those who have ears and don't ignore what Discipline can do to you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment